School and House Rules
The school and house rules of die deutSCHule regulate the cooperation of all parties involved in the operative working of the school, beyond those already stipulated by the law, so that everyone within the school can feel at ease. This is made possible by adherence to a set of rules which determine rights and responsibilities. Considerateness of others and a willingness to help shall be recognised by all parties involved as a requirement for a good school atmosphere.
§1 Scope/Property rights
- The school and house rules apply to all persons within the school premises.
- The property rights are exercised by the management of die deutSCHule.
- Should management be absent or otherwise hindered, school administration or expert supervision shall stand in.
§2 General objectives and code of conduct
- In die deutSCHule the dignity of all parties involved is to be respected. Neither teachers nor students nor parents, as well as all others who belong to the school community, must have their physical or psychological integrity endangered, injured, or violated. Ostracism, intolerance and verbal abuse are not tolerated by us.
- Bringing of dangerous items or materials into the school, which in nature or content are considered defamatory towards a third party on the basis of their skin colour, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, is forbidden.
- The principle of accountability is demanded of everyone, both for his/her action or inaction. Property of die deutSCHule is to be treated sensibly and with care, as is the property of others. S/he who dirties, damages or destroys something, must answer for the damages. Cases of willful property damage or serious defilement will be prosecuted against.
- Every user of our internet connection is obligated to respect online conventions (“Netiquette”), not to compromise the security and/or functionality of any system, and not to attempt to break into the network of die deutSCHule or any other network. All users are obligated to follow all applicable local, national, and, where appropriate, international laws as well as to respect guidelines and/or directives.
- Visitors to our school are to sign in at the front desk.
- Severe transgression of the school and house rules can result in students being excluded and banned from the premises without compensation.
- Any criminal acts or other summary offences will be prosecuted.
§3 Lessons und Breaks
- Lessons begin daily at 9.15 am. The office is open from 9.00 am. Lessons end at 8.15 pm. The office closes at 7pm.
- Lesson breaks take place at 10.45 am, 2.45 pm, and 6.30 pm, and each lasts for 15 minutes.
- The teacher is to arrive punctually for lessons, and, when appropriate, explain his/her lateness. Should a teacher still not be present 5 minutes after the beginning of a lesson,
students are to inform the front desk.
- All students are obligated to arrive punctually for their lessons. In cases of delays of 15 minutes or more, students can first join the class after the break.
- Cover lessons count as lesson hours too. The school prepares itself for cover lessons and lesson cancellations as regards content.
- During lessons, the use of electronic devices by students, such as mobile phones, computers, media players, is not permitted when their use does not exclusively serve the purpose of the lesson and, in addition, has not been approved by the teacher of the lesson.
- The consumption of food and drink in the classrooms is, as a matter of principle, not permitted.